Using the above link you can sign up for digital ocean and get $5 credit using coupon code DIVEIN5. Which means you can run a basic 512 mb capacity server for one month for free.
The main advantage of hosting your application on cloud servers is that , you have full control over your server. You will pay on hourly basis and also you can cancel the subscription when ever you want unlike the traditional hosting providers. As you all know , there are many cloud providers in the market now. Among them Digital ocean, a cloud provider has best solution for hosting your application with high speed and reliability in cloud , starting from $5 per month. It is considered to be the cheap and best pricing when compared to other cloud providers. Even amazon micro instance will cost you nearly 15$ per month. Digital ocean Linux servers are really fast than amazon micro instances because it uses SSD for higher performance.
1. Servers with SSD for higher performance.
2. Promises 99.9% up time with good SLA
3. Starts from $5 per month with 512 MB RAM, 20 GB SSD and 1 Tb monthly data transfer. Additional data transfer costs 0.02 cents. Comparatively fast and cheap virtual servers on cloud.
4. Re-sizing the instances based on your requirements. You can start from 512 MB RAM up to 16 GB RAM.
5. Easy to use control panel.
6. Pay per hour billing model.
7. Good developer community base and 24 X 7 customer support.
8. Two factor authentication for accounts.
9. Full root access to servers unlike traditional hosting services.
By hosting you application on Digital ocean servers , you can have full root access and full management of your application. You can shutdown and start the servers whenever you want. You will have to pay only for running hours of the server. You can upgrade and downgrade the RAM and storage when ever needed. You can spin up Linux bases servers in less than a minute and can have timely backups and snapshots for you data stored in cloud. Since digital ocean servers use SSD based storage , the performance will be better when compared to other cloud providers.
You can check the customer reviews here Customer Reviews