I thought it would be nice to share the tools (hosting, WordPress plugins etc) and resources I use at Comtechies and personally so that you can use it and benefit from it. Please note that some resources I refer contain affiliate links which do not cost anything extra to you but I might get a commission for buying coffee :). In fact, I made deals with some services to get maximum discount on the products which Comtechies uses.
When It comes to blogging, learning is the first and foremost thing. I use the following websites for learning new things.
- Pluralsight: For Cloud/IT related technologies
- Udemy: For Tech/General Learning Topics
- Linux Academy: For Cloud/DevOps related Topics.
Following are the web hosting services I trust and use for all my web hosting needs.
- Cloud Hosting (AWS & Google Cloud): This is my first choice when it comes to starting new WordPress Sites. The only downside is that I have to setup backup strategies, High availability and all WordPress server configurations. If you are Linux techie and want to try out new WordPress sites, this is the right option for you.
- Bluehost: I use Bluehost for few of my WordPress blogs. Since it is a managed WordPress hosting, I don’t have to worry about the backup, availability or any other configurations. I just need to focus on publishing content. If you do not want to manage server configuration on your own, you can go for this hosting. This is the most recommended hosting provider for WordPress
- Hostgator: Comtechies is hosted on Hostgator. I never faced any downtime or any other issues with this hosting provider.
Tools and Services
- Genesis Framework: I use StudioPress Genesis framework for my WordPress blogs. It is the best framework in terms of speed, support, SEO, and security. If you have a WordPress blog, Genesis framework is a must have.
- Kwfinder: Simple keyword research tool with SERP ranking and SEO difficulty points.
- Convertkit: Best Email Marketing tool for professional bloggers.
- MailChimp: Email Marketing Tool (Limited Functionalities for Free subscription. Good for newbie bloggers)
I use the following WordPress plugins.
- Akismet – Protects your blog from spam
- Jetpack – Website stats and other associated tools.
- WP Super Cache – For caching
- Yoast SEO – Best SEO plugin
- Broken Link Checker – Fixes broken links on your website
- Crayon Syntax Highlighter – For code syntax highlighting
- Inline Related Posts – Automatically displays related posts in every post.
- Really Simple SSL (Learn How to Setup Free SSL for WordPress Websites)